Using Native Warm Season Grasses in a Grazing System
At this field day participants will learn best management practices for establishing and grazing native grasses. And learn how native grasses can be implemented into a grazing system to maintain grass vigor and animal performance through the summer months.
- Pasture walk in two newly seeded native warm season grass pastures
- Benefits of establishing native warm season grasses in your grazing system
- Native warm season grass establishment techniques
- Animal performance and economics of using native warm season grasses
- Rotational grazing equipment and strategies
- NRCS financial and technical assistance options for native warm season grasses